The young norwegian Daniel Nyblin opened in 1877 on his 21st birthday a photostudio in the heart of Helsinki. In the year 1914 his nephew Ragnvald took over the company. Ragnvalds son Jarl continued with the activity until the 1970’s. Today Jarl’s grandchild Robert continues the legacy.
As the oldest photostudio in Finland that is still running – turning 145 years this year – we value the traditions of our company; handmade and quality, quick and positive service for our customers.
The negatives are preserved for 20 years in the company’s premises, after which they are moved to a museum. This means that further orders can be made even decades later!
The photostudio is a member of Suomen valokuvaajain liitto ( The Finnish Photographers’ Society).